Tuesday 24 January 2012

The Dangers of Fake MAC Cosmetics?

If you've bought or are thinking about buying 'MAC' cosmetics from someone online or in person or anywhere except a reputable store then I would highly recommend reading this..


So I decided to do a post on something that I feel strongly about. I know a lot of people have done posts on this but at the end of the day, the more awareness it gets the better! What am I talking about? Fake MAC cosmetics!
I really dont know where to start with this topic to be completely honest! There is so much I could say about this subject but I'll try to keep it short and sweet!



For the past year I've seen so many people selling 'MAC' makeup on not only eBay but also Facebook and it makes me so angry. I don't understand how someone can knowingly scam people into giving them money for these pieces of crap. These people haven't been shown or told how to identify from fakes or may not even be aware that people fake makeup brands and honestly believe they are getting a bargain.
BUT remember, price is not always an indication of whether it is fake or not. Some sellers have the audacity to take 5 euro off the price of a real product and sell the fake at that price which I just find ridiculous and plain greedy.
An example of a fake MAC palette. MAC do not make large palettes like this. You can get these exact palettes from the likes of Coastel Scents or Fraulein38 and at least you KNOW they are safe. These just have a MAC label slapped on the top.

Not only is this makeup usually awful quality but its also extremely dangerous! If you think about it, these cosmetics are coming from China and the likes and for all we know they're being made in huge tin vats some guys garage (Ok I may be exaggerating but you get what I mean!). These cosmetics have not passed ANY health and safety regulations and could contain some really harmful chemicals.

It tells the story of how one Beaut.ie reader had awful lifelong skin damage from using these fake MAC cosmetics. I won't go into too much detail as you can read the article on Beaut.ie.

Another fake MAC palette. A lot of fakes will use numbers also instead of names like MAC usually uses.

Is your skins health worth risking for saving a few euro on MAC makeup or to have a logo in your makeup bag? You dont even have to buy MAC makeup, there are so many good cheaper SAFER brands out there. Personally, I'd much rather save for one MAC product than buy 5 cheap fake ones that could potentially damage my skin for life.
Just something for you to think about.

A selection of fake MAC lipstick. Again, they are numbered instead of named like MAC lipsticks are


Please please please google how to tell fake MAC from real MAC and you will find hundreds of posts and videos explaining how. Please educate yourself and don't risk your skin. 


Currently in Ireland, (as far as I am aware) the only place you will be guaranteed real MAC makeup is Brown Thomas and BT2.
I'm not too familiar with all the places you can get it in the UK but if you go to http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/locator you will find all the stockists listed there.

Emma
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x