Monday 14 March 2016

Nivea Men Post Shave Balm As A Primer??

So for a while now I've seen a lot of makeup artists and beauty bloggers recommending the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as a makeup primer. Of course I had to try it!


NikkieTutorials is a fan!

I had a little root through my dad and brothers Christmas gift sets and found a mini bottle of the original Replenishing Post Shave Balm to use for the trial. 



I used it for about 3 weeks on and off to give it a proper try. I tried it with different foundations also.
It is a very runny liquid, you only need the smallest amount. It does have quite a strong aftershave smell to it so that might be off putting to some people but I didn't mind too much!

The verdict? To be honest I noticed no difference between when I wore it and when I skipped it. Regardless my makeup was shiny and slipping off my face after a few hours. I was really disappointed because so many of my favourite bloggers rave about it.

Now it could just be that it doesn't suit my skin. I know it contains glycerine which is a humectant meaning it draws moisture to the skin. My skin could just be too oily (which is odd because I have very bad dry patches also) for it. Who knows! 
All I know is I am still on the hunt for the perfect primer! If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave them below! 

EFxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it! I try to reply to every comment within 24 hours so if you have asked a question make sure to check back as you may not get notifications! x